onsdag 12 juli 2023

The Murder of the Century

 I prompted Chat GPT: write a 4000 word play about the murder of Stanford White, Evelyn Nesbit and Harry thaw, with at least 5 roles and with dialogue, set in new york, 1905, and titled the murder of the century


This is what I got(It took five seconds):


Title: The Murder of the Century

Setting: New York City, 1905. The play takes place in various locations, including Stanford White's penthouse, Madison Square Garden, and the courtroom.

Characters:

  1. Stanford White - A renowned architect in his 40s, charismatic and influential.
  2. Evelyn Nesbit - A young and beautiful model, caught between the affections of White and Thaw.
  3. Harry Thaw - A wealthy and volatile young man, obsessed with Evelyn Nesbit.
  4. Lawyer - Thaw's defense attorney, determined to prove his client's innocence.
  5. Journalist - A persistent and nosy reporter, hungry for the latest scandalous story.

Act 1: The Glamour and Obsession Scene 1: Stanford White's Penthouse (Spotlight on Stanford White, sipping a drink and admiring a model of a building.)

Stanford White: (Smiling) This design is exquisite. The epitome of my genius. (Pauses) But there's something missing in my life.

Scene 2: Madison Square Garden Rooftop Theater (Evelyn Nesbit enters, dancing gracefully. Harry Thaw watches her intently.)

Evelyn Nesbit: (To herself) He's always watching me. Thaw, with his piercing gaze.

Scene 3: Stanford White's Penthouse (White and Nesbit engage in a conversation.)

Stanford White: Evelyn, my muse, you captivate me like no other. Let me take care of you, show you a world beyond your wildest dreams.

Evelyn Nesbit: (Nervously) Stanford, I appreciate your support, but something doesn't feel right. There's another man who won't leave me alone.

Act 2: The Dark Descent Scene 1: Evelyn Nesbit's Apartment (Thaw confronts Evelyn, his obsession turning into rage.)

Harry Thaw: You belong to me, Evelyn! No one else can have you!

Evelyn Nesbit: (Fearful) Harry, please, you're scaring me. I can't take this anymore.

Scene 2: Madison Square Garden Rooftop Theater (Thaw, consumed by jealousy, confronts White.)

Harry Thaw: You've tainted her innocence! I won't let you have her!

Stanford White: (Defiant) You're out of your mind, Thaw! Evelyn deserves better than this madness.

Scene 3: The Murder (At Madison Square Garden, Thaw pulls out a gun and shoots Stanford White. Chaos ensues.)

Act 3: The Trial Scene 1: Courtroom (Lawyer passionately defends Thaw, arguing for his client's sanity.)

Lawyer: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Harry Thaw's actions were a result of a tormented mind. He deserves understanding, not condemnation.

Scene 2: Witness Stand - Evelyn Nesbit Testifies (Evelyn Nesbit takes the stand, torn between loyalty and the truth.)

Lawyer: Miss Nesbit, please tell the court your account of the events leading to the murder.

Evelyn Nesbit: (Tearfully) It was a love triangle that turned into a nightmare. I loved them both, but it spiraled out of control.

Scene 3: Verdict (The jury deliberates and announces the verdict.)

Judge: In the case of the murder of Stanford White, we find the defendant, Harry Thaw, not guilty by reason of insanity.

Act 4: The Aftermath Scene 1: Evelyn Nesbit's Apartment (Evelyn reflects on the tragedy and her own role in it.)

Evelyn Nesbit: The pain and the guilt are too much to bear. How will I ever escape this haunting past?

Scene 2: Newspaper Office (Journalist eagerly writes the headline for the story.)

Journalist: "The Murder of the Century: Scandal, Obsession, and Insanity!" This will be the talk of the town!

Scene 3: Epilogue (Characters reflect on the consequences of their actions.)

Stanford White: In the pursuit of greatness, I lost sight of what truly mattered.

Evelyn Nesbit: I was trapped between love and fear, unable to break free.

Harry Thaw: The darkness within me consumed everything I held dear.

(Lights fade as the characters exit the stage, leaving the audience to contemplate the tragedy.)

Note: The play's dialogue and scenes can be further developed and expanded based on the desired length and artistic vision.


I then asked ChatGPT to turn it into a musical:

Title: The Murder of the Century: A Melodic Tragedy

Setting: New York City, 1905. The play takes place in various locations, including Stanford White's penthouse, Madison Square Garden, and the courtroom.

Characters:

  1. Stanford White - A renowned architect in his 40s, charismatic and influential.
  2. Evelyn Nesbit - A young and beautiful model, caught between the affections of White and Thaw.
  3. Harry Thaw - A wealthy and volatile young man, obsessed with Evelyn Nesbit.
  4. Lawyer - Thaw's defense attorney, determined to prove his client's innocence.
  5. Journalist - A persistent and nosy reporter, hungry for the latest scandalous story.

Act 1: The Glamour and Obsession Scene 1: Stanford White's Penthouse (Spotlight on Stanford White, sipping a drink and admiring a model of a building.)

Stanford White: In this grand city, I'm the king, Architect extraordinaire, creating a beautiful fling. But deep inside, an emptiness grows, A void that yearns, my soul it knows.

Scene 2: Madison Square Garden Rooftop Theater (Evelyn Nesbit enters, dancing gracefully. Harry Thaw watches her intently.)

Evelyn Nesbit: A muse I've become, in this world so grand, But my heart's in pieces, like shifting sand. Harry's gaze, it haunts my dreams, A dangerous obsession, it seems.

Scene 3: Stanford White's Penthouse (White and Nesbit engage in a conversation.)

Stanford White: Evelyn, my dear, let me shelter your soul, In my embrace, you'll find beauty untold. I'll whisk you away from your troubled past, A love like ours, forever it will last.

Evelyn Nesbit: Stanford, your kindness I truly adore, But another man's love, it stains my core. Harry, he claims me as his own, A love so twisted, a love unknown.

Act 2: The Dark Descent Scene 1: Evelyn Nesbit's Apartment (Thaw confronts Evelyn, his obsession turning into rage.)

Harry Thaw: Evelyn, my love, you're mine to keep, No more will you make me weep. I'll erase the past, the pain, the strife, And bind you to me, for all of life!

Evelyn Nesbit: Harry, please, release this grip so tight, Your love turns dark, it's not alright. I can't live in fear, in shadows of fright, My spirit yearns for the morning light.

Scene 2: Madison Square Garden Rooftop Theater (Thaw, consumed by jealousy, confronts White.)

Harry Thaw: You stole my treasure, you wicked soul, With your wicked ways, you took your toll. No longer will I watch from afar, Tonight, vengeance shall be my shining star!

Stanford White: Harry, my boy, this madness must cease, Your jealousy blinds you, your soul's at peace. Evelyn deserves a love that's pure, Not this dark, destructive lure.

Scene 3: The Murder (At Madison Square Garden, Thaw pulls out a gun and shoots Stanford White. Chaos ensues.)

Act 3: The Trial Scene 1: Courtroom (Lawyer passionately defends Thaw, arguing for his client's innocence.)

Lawyer: Ladies and gentlemen, let me make it clear, Harry Thaw's mind was clouded by fear. Insanity, the truth we proclaim, A tortured soul, trapped in pain.

Scene 2: Witness Stand - Evelyn Nesbit Testifies (Evelyn Nesbit takes the stand, torn between loyalty and the truth.)

Lawyer: Miss Nesbit, speak of love's cruel game, How did this tragic story come to flame?

Evelyn Nesbit: I loved them both, with heart and soul, But their obsession, it took its toll. A triangle of love turned strife, Leading to the darkest night of my life.

Scene 3: Verdict (The jury deliberates and announces the verdict.)

Judge: In the case of the murder of Stanford White, The verdict is reached, to everyone's fright. Not guilty by reason of insanity, Harry Thaw's fate sealed in this tragedy.

Act 4: The Aftermath Scene 1: Evelyn Nesbit's Apartment (Evelyn reflects on the tragedy and her own role in it.)

Evelyn Nesbit: In this aftermath of love gone astray, I find solace in a brand-new day. The weight of guilt I bear within, A burden that stains my soul's chagrin.

Scene 2: Newspaper Office (Journalist eagerly writes the headline for the story.)

Journalist: "The Murder of the Century!" my headline will read, A tale of obsession and a love gone to seed. Newspapers will fly, tongues will wag, As scandal's symphony fills each page.

Scene 3: Epilogue (Characters reflect on the consequences of their actions.)

Stanford White: My brilliance faded, consumed by my vice, A cautionary tale of paradise turned ice.

Evelyn Nesbit: In the wake of tragedy, I search for peace, A shattered innocence that seeks release.

Harry Thaw: Darkness consumed me, my love turned to rage, A broken soul trapped in a gilded cage.

(Lights fade as the characters exit the stage, leaving the audience to contemplate the tragedy and its lasting echoes.)

Note: The play's dialogue and scenes can be further developed and expanded based on the desired length and artistic vision. The rhymes can be modified and enhanced to create a melodic and lyrical experience.


THEN I ASKED FOR A SITCOM:


Title: The Murder of the Century: A Sitcom Tragedy

Setting: New York City, 1905. The play takes place in various locations, including Stanford White's penthouse, Madison Square Garden, and the courtroom.

Characters:

  1. Stanford White - A renowned architect in his 40s, charming and witty.
  2. Evelyn Nesbit - A young and beautiful model, caught between the affections of White and Thaw.
  3. Harry Thaw - A wealthy and eccentric young man, obsessed with Evelyn Nesbit.
  4. Lawyer - Thaw's defense attorney, always striving for comedic relief.
  5. Detective - A bumbling and clumsy investigator who stumbles upon the murder case.

Act 1: The Eccentric Trio Scene 1: Stanford White's Penthouse (Stanford White is hosting a party with Evelyn Nesbit and Harry Thaw.)

Stanford White: Welcome, my friends, to this grand abode, Where wit and charm forever erode. Let's toast to life and all its jests, For in this home, we're the honored guests!

Scene 2: Madison Square Garden Rooftop Theater (Evelyn Nesbit tries to navigate the affections of both White and Thaw.)

Evelyn Nesbit: Oh, the life of a model is quite the test, Caught between two men who won't let me rest. Stanford's sophistication and Harry's quirk, Which path to choose? Oh, what a perk!

Scene 3: Stanford White's Penthouse (Stanford White and Harry Thaw engage in a comedic argument.)

Stanford White: Harry, my boy, you must let her be, For true love can't be won by decree. Evelyn deserves a man with class, Not a bumbling fool with an eccentric pass.

Harry Thaw: Oh, Stanford, you're just jealous, can't you see? She'll choose me, for I'm as wild as can be. I'll woo her with riches and eccentricity, For love is a battle, and I'll conquer with hilarity!

Act 2: The Hilarity Turns Dark Scene 1: Evelyn Nesbit's Apartment (Evelyn tries to reason with both men, but their comedic antics escalate.)

Evelyn Nesbit: Gentlemen, please, let reason prevail, This comedy of errors has taken a dark trail. Stanford, Harry, can't you both understand, Love should be a dance, not a battleground?

Scene 2: Madison Square Garden Rooftop Theater (A series of comedic mishaps leads to the accidental murder.)

Stanford White: Ah, Harry, let's put this feud to rest, A night of laughter will be our quest. But in the midst of this farcical show, A tragedy unfolds, as laughter turns to woe.

Scene 3: The Murder Investigation (The Detective enters, bumbling and clueless, trying to solve the murder.)

Detective: A murder most foul, this case I shall crack! But oh, my clumsiness, it holds me back. Tripping over clues, stumbling through the day, Can I solve this crime in my peculiar way?

Act 3: The Courtroom Comedy Scene 1: Courtroom (The Lawyer presents a hilarious defense for Thaw.)

Lawyer: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, lend me your ear, For the defense of Harry Thaw, I shall persevere. His eccentricities, his oddities so grand, Can we blame a man so peculiar for taking a stand?

Scene 2: Witness Stand - Evelyn Nesbit Testifies (Evelyn struggles to maintain composure amidst the comedic chaos.)

Lawyer: Miss Nesbit, please share your side of the tale, With wit and charm, let your truth prevail.

Evelyn Nesbit: Oh, the absurdity of it all, I must confess, Caught in this sitcom tragedy, I'm under duress. Love, laughter, and a murder unforeseen, My heart's aching, but laughter must intervene.

Scene 3: The Verdict (The comedic twist in the courtroom surprises everyone.)

Judge: In the case of the murder so bizarre, The verdict is reached, but hold on, by far. Not guilty by reason of comedic insanity, Laughter prevails, a twist in this calamity.

Act 4: The Aftermath - The Comedy Continues Scene 1: Evelyn Nesbit's Apartment (Evelyn reflects on the absurdity of it all.)

Evelyn Nesbit: Oh, the irony of life, the twists and turns, A sitcom tragedy that still churns. Love, laughter, and a murder most peculiar, My heart's scarred, but comedy shall endure.

Scene 2: Newspaper Office (Journalist eagerly writes the headline for the story, focusing on the comedic aspect.)

Journalist: "The Murder of the Century: A Hilarious Whodunit!" screams the news, A sitcom tragedy that left us amused. The absurdity of it all, the laughter and tears, A tale to be retold for countless years.

Scene 3: Epilogue (Characters reflect on the comedic journey they've experienced.)

Stanford White: In the realm of comedy, tragedy can reside, Where laughter and tears so closely coincide.

Evelyn Nesbit: Through laughter and absurdity, life takes its course, A sitcom tragedy, a tale with no remorse.

Harry Thaw: My eccentricity, once deemed strange and absurd, Now part of a comedy that struck an unexpected chord.

(Lights fade as the characters exit the stage, leaving the audience with laughter and a newfound appreciation for the comedic twists and turns of life.)

Note: The play's dialogue and scenes can be further developed and expanded based on the desired length and comedic vision. The comedic elements and punchlines can be enhanced to create a sitcom-style experience.


AND THEN I ASKED FOR A VERSION WRITTEN IN ALEXANDRINE, IN THE STYLE OF SHAKESPEARE:


Title: The Murder of the Century

Act 1: The Web of Love

Scene 1: Stanford White's Penthouse (Enter Stanford White and Evelyn Nesbit)

Stanford White: Fair Evelyn, thy beauty dost eclipse the sun, Thy presence, like a jewel, has my heart won. Let me build for thee a palace of delight, Where love and art shall intertwine each night.

Evelyn Nesbit: Kind sir, thy words doth flatter and beguile, But my heart's desires doth my thoughts compile. For Harry Thaw, a man of fire and zeal, Doth make my youthful heart in passion kneel.

Scene 2: Madison Square Garden Rooftop Theater (Enter Harry Thaw, observing Evelyn)

Harry Thaw: Sweet Evelyn, thy radiant beauty doth inspire, Thy eyes, like stars, set my soul afire. In me, find solace, love's eternal flame, Together, we shall conquer all, by any name.

Scene 3: Stanford White's Penthouse (Enter Stanford White and Evelyn Nesbit)

Stanford White: Evelyn, fair nymph, pray, let me be thy guide, To heights of love and passion, side by side. In this fair city, we shall dance and dream, For thou art my muse, my heart's lovely theme.

Evelyn Nesbit: Oh, Stanford, thou art wise and full of grace, But Harry's love doth set my heart's pace. I fear I cannot choose, for both of you, Doth make my heart with love and doubt accrue.

Act 2: The Twisting Shadows

Scene 1: Evelyn's Chambers (Enter Evelyn Nesbit, lost in thought)

Evelyn Nesbit: To love two men, a burden I must bear, Their passions entangled in a twisted snare. Shall I follow my heart, or logic's reason? This choice shall haunt me, through each passing season.

Scene 2: Madison Square Garden Rooftop Theater (Enter Harry Thaw, tormented by his desire for Evelyn)

Harry Thaw: Evelyn, fair maid, reject not my plea, For my love is boundless, as the deepest sea. I'll sweep thee off thy feet, with wealth and might, Together, we shall conquer day and night.

Scene 3: The Fatal Night (Enter Harry Thaw, consumed by jealousy)

Harry Thaw: Stanford, thou art a serpent, masked in charm, Thy dalliance with Evelyn doth my heart alarm. I'll rid thee from this realm, by my hand's decree, And claim my love, for all eternity!

(Harry Thaw strikes Stanford White, chaos ensues)

Act 3: The Trial of Fate

Scene 1: The Courtroom (Enter Lawyers, Judge, and Witnesses)

Lawyer 1: Ladies and gentlemen, the truth must be sought, In this tragic tale, where love hath been wrought. Harry Thaw, driven by passions dark and dire, We must uncover if justice shall conspire.

Evelyn Nesbit: Noble judge, I stand before thee, fraught with pain, Torn between these men, whose love I cannot feign. Stanford's charm bewitched me, yet Harry's zeal, Has shown me love's tempest, both harsh and real.

Scene 2: The Verdict (Judge delivers the final verdict)

Judge: In this court of justice, the truth revealed, Harry Thaw's guilt, on that we are sealed. For in the name of love, a life was taken, Consequences of passion, a heart forsaken.

Act 4: The Aftermath

Scene 1: Evelyn's Solitude (Enter Evelyn Nesbit, lost in contemplation)

Evelyn Nesbit: Oh, cruel fate, that guided my heart astray, In love's tumultuous game, where I now stay. Both Stanford and Harry, their paths now veer, The price of love, a burden I must bear.

Scene 2: The Echoes of a Scandal (Enter Journalists and Society Figures)

Journalist 1: The murder of the century, a tale so grim, Of love and jealousy, a scandalous hymn. Evelyn, Stanford, and Harry entwined, Their fate forever etched in history's mind.

Journalist 2: Let us remember the passions that burned, In the hearts of these lovers, as we have learned. Their lives entangled, by love's twisted decree, A tragedy of the century, for all to see.

(Scene fades as the characters exit the stage, leaving behind the echoes of a scandalous past and the consequences of love's tangled web.)

Note: The play's dialogue and scenes are written in the style of Shakespearean alexandrines, which consist of lines containing twelve syllables. However, the strict adherence to meter may vary slightly for the sake of storytelling and dramatic effect.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

HOW I GOT THROUGH FRIDAY THE 13TH #theatrelife #vegancreator #backstage...

Starting my day by editing yesterday’s Instagram stories for Instagram Reels, YouTube, and TikTok always sets the vibe. The creative process...