fredag 22 januari 2021

Hat No 4


This beanie is - like most of my other hats and beanies - a second hand find. I think I bought it in 2017, at the charity shop Myrorna in Ropsten in Stockholm.

Have you noticed that it doesn’t say GREASE, it says GREASY, with a Y. When I bought the beanie I just thought it was a novelty thing, a joke on the movie, but then, for fun, I googled it - I don’t know why - and it turns out it’s merchandise for the black comedy horror film THE GREASY STRANGLER, from 2016. I have not seen this movie. And since I’me easily scared - the tv-show SIX FEET UNDER was agony sometimes, and I often watched the tv-series HEROES on mute - there no chance in hell I will. 


Once, when I was wearing it at another second hand shop, the salesman told me it -with a nod towards my hat - that It was a great film. I, thinking he was talking about THE GREASY STRANGLER, said I had never seen it, and he said, with the natural condescending air of an older gay talking to an older, that it was weird that he had seen it, but I who was so much older, had, not. It was a pleasure to explain to him that he had misread my beanie, and that I - who was older - knew more about recent trivia than he did. 


#greasy #grease #thegreasystrangler


#cultmovie #horrormovie #blackcomedy #sixfeetunder #heroes


#hatsforwomen #hatstagram #hatsonhatsonhats #hatsfordays #hatsofinstagram 


#hatsofftoyou #hatslover #hatshatshats #truckerhats #menhats 


#beaniehats #luxuryhats #beaners #beanies #beanieseason 


#beanieman #beanieweather #beaniehats #beaniecap #beaniestyle 


#crochetbeanie #knittedbeanie 


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

HOW I GOT MY ”BRING ME THE AXE” MARGARITA CREATED #veganrecipes #lifest...

Good morning, sunshine! 🌞 In today’s hilarious and entertaining video, I kickstart the day with a brunch that’s as quirky as it is deliciou...