onsdag 11 september 2024

ANYONE FOR A CHEESY MUFF?

This is the oldest photo on my phone, taken on July 2, 2023, in the village of Degerhamn on the Swedish island of Öland. It features a quirky vintage ad for Estrella’s long-forgotten snack, "Ostmuffar" (Cheese Muffs). I had never heard of these cheese puffs before, and after some digging, it seems this product might have been a short-lived or rare snack, as there’s barely any trace of it online! The ad is pretty funny and nostalgic, saying: "Here’s something different! Enjoy: New! Estrella cheese puffs. Crispy. What a great taste! And what a fun, unique sensation to munch on them! Try them!" A fun discovery during my Öland trip.


 This ad is plastered on a weathered old wall, bringing a sense of time travel to a simpler era of snack marketing. The faded colors and retro style capture that classic, playful spirit, instantly drawing me in. There's something charming about this forgotten snack trying so hard to be the next big thing.


The moment made me smile because of the sheer randomness—finding this obscure ad in such a remote place. It’s like a little piece of history nobody remembers, and yet it’s still there, telling a forgotten story.


This photo is special to me because I’m fascinated by quirky, vintage finds like this. It makes me wonder how many other forgotten snacks or products are out there, waiting to be rediscovered. The connection between nostalgia and the present moment is what I love capturing.


Have you ever stumbled upon something so odd and fascinating that it made you stop and reflect? This was one of those moments for me.



#RetroVibes #SnackHistory #ForgottenAds #VintageAdvertising #NostalgiaFind #SwedishSummer #ThrowbackDiscovery #UnusualFinds #Degerhamn #ÖlandSummer



Ever come across something from the past that you can’t find online? Let me know in the comments, and don’t forget to like and share this post if you love quirky finds like this!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

HOW I GOT THROUGH FRIDAY THE 13TH #theatrelife #vegancreator #backstage...

Starting my day by editing yesterday’s Instagram stories for Instagram Reels, YouTube, and TikTok always sets the vibe. The creative process...