torsdag 19 september 2024

Broccoli on a Sicilian Cloth

This is the oldest photo on my phone, taken on July 22, 2023, and it features a plate of broccoli that I honestly don’t even remember making! But hey, I try so many recipes, it's hard to keep track sometimes. The broccoli looks either steamed or boiled, with a touch of lemon zest and what seems to be fried onions or breadcrumbs (or even fried corn, I can’t tell). There’s also quite a bit of salt visible on the surface, but maybe it was meant to be served like that—with flakes of salt sprinkled on top for texture and flavor. 


 The plate itself is gorgeous, resting atop a colorful Sicilian tablecloth that really gives the whole thing a Mediterranean vibe. This tablecloth has a special place in my kitchen as it was a gift from my dear friend Ulf. The whole setup is so nostalgic, yet I have no memory of making this exact dish. It’s funny how a simple food photo can trigger so many memories, even when the specifics get lost in the shuffle of life.

Food photos like this remind me of the small, simple joys of trying new recipes, even if they don’t always stick in my memory. It's not just about the dish itself, but the context—where I was, the environment, the people I shared it with. For me, cooking is as much about the ambiance and the memories made around the table as it is about the flavors. This image encapsulates that: a casual moment that’s now etched into my phone’s history.


So here’s to all the forgotten dishes that were probably delicious!


#veganrecipes #foodmemories #broccolirecipe #veganskmat #matinspo #veganlife #mediterraneancooking #kokkonst #sicilianstyle #matfotografi



Ever found an old photo and couldn’t quite remember the details? Tell me about a dish you’ve made that you forgot about until you saw it again!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

HOW I GOT THROUGH FRIDAY THE 13TH #theatrelife #vegancreator #backstage...

Starting my day by editing yesterday’s Instagram stories for Instagram Reels, YouTube, and TikTok always sets the vibe. The creative process...