måndag 23 september 2024

Sicilian Souvenirs on Ulf’s Rug

This is the oldest photo on my phone, taken on August 12, 2023, in my friend Ulf’s apartment in Liljeholmen. It features his beautiful living room rug, and on top of that are three lovely items Ulf brought back from his recent trip to Sicily: one Sicilian ceramic plate and two large plastic trays, all covered in typical Sicilian patterns. Ulf frequently visits Sicily because one of his best friends, Mats, has an apartment in Palermo. Since I’m the one taking care of Ulf’s plants while he’s away, he always brings me back something special from Sicily. So far, I’ve received a gorgeous tablecloth, elegant napkins, a big beach blanket, and now these treasures. 


 The photo captures a small but meaningful moment that highlights the deep friendship between Ulf and me. The colors and designs of the Sicilian patterns are vibrant and full of character, much like the place they come from. These items are more than just souvenirs; they represent the little exchanges between friends who are there for each other, even in the simplest ways, like plant-sitting. 


Taken in Ulf’s cozy apartment, the setting shows his warm, lived-in space, where we’ve spent many moments talking about life and reminiscing about our past. His love for travel, especially to Palermo, is something we always talk about, and it’s so nice to have these mementos from his trips.


I love how these thoughtful gifts remind me of Ulf’s trips and our close friendship. It’s always fun to receive something that carries a little bit of the world into your home, especially when it’s given with such care and thoughtfulness. 


#friendshipgoals #homegifts #sicilianstyle #travelmemories #designfromitaly #sicilianpatterns #presenttips #heminredning #italienskatryck #medelhavskultur


Let me know in the comments what your favorite souvenir from a trip is! Would you have liked these Sicilian gifts?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Sicilian Souvenirs on Ulf’s Rug

This is the oldest photo on my phone, taken on August 12, 2023, in my friend Ulf’s apartment in Liljeholmen. It features his beautiful livin...