fredag 13 september 2024

The Rose Garden Memory

This is the oldest photo on my phone, taken on July 2, 2023, in my parents' beautiful garden in Mörbylånga, a quaint village on the Swedish island of Öland. Ulf and I were visiting for a couple of days, and I couldn't resist snapping this picture of the garden that always feels like a peaceful retreat. In the photo, you can see some of the lovely flowers and bushes that line the border to their neighbor’s yard, but the real stars are the almost fluorescent red-pink roses in full bloom. I wish I knew their name because they truly stood out that day, adding a vibrant splash of color to the green backdrop.


The garden itself is a labor of love for my parents, filled with flowering plants that change with the seasons. This photo captures a moment of stillness in their little corner of paradise, a reflection of the joy they take in cultivating something so beautiful. The air was warm, the scent of flowers heavy, and Ulf and I had just come back from a walk along the coast. I love how this image blends the wildness of nature with the care my parents have put into the space.

The vibrant roses steal the spotlight, but the photo also quietly features the garden's other treasures: small bushes, creeping vines, and the border of flowers stretching out like a living frame. It’s not just a picture of plants, but a snapshot of memories—of family, visits home, and time spent with old friends. This place and these small moments mean a lot to me, reminding me of where I come from and the simple beauty in everyday things.

There’s something grounding about returning to this garden, something peaceful about the rhythm of plants growing and blooming year after year. That’s why this photo is more than just a nice shot—it’s a meaningful glimpse into the life I’ve shared with the people and places I love.


#HomeGarden #FlowerLovers #GardenMemories #Trädgårdsliv #Blommor #Familjeminne #NatureSnapshot #SwedishGarden #ÖlandVibes #RosesOfInstagram


Do you have a favorite spot that brings you peace? Share it in the comments below!


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

HOW I GOT THROUGH FRIDAY THE 13TH #theatrelife #vegancreator #backstage...

Starting my day by editing yesterday’s Instagram stories for Instagram Reels, YouTube, and TikTok always sets the vibe. The creative process...